Blog Journal #3

 Copyright is the form of protection every creator needs in order to ensure that their work will not be stolen. Copyrighting forces people to gain the creators permission before they can copy, recreate, and or even share the creator's work with anyone. This is essential in today's society because people have so much access to free content online, that they think everything is available for them to use. However, fair use is when people can use a portion of a creators work without their permission but it has to be used for educational, informative, or comedic purposes. As a teacher, I would utilize the copyright concept when I develop my own instructional materials in order to ensure that my work is being used as intended. In addition, I would copyright my work to make sure that the work would be accessed by the right personnel as well. Then, I would use the fair trade concept to allow my students to recreate work from other creators to make it their own while giving credit to the creators. 

Two technological implementation issues that I would solve in order to use in my future classroom would be academic dishonesty and student privacy. For academic dishonesty, I would install honor lock on all the computers so that it would prohibit the students from switching between tabs to search for answers. Then I would have the students submit their assignments to turnitin.com, and this would identify if the work was original and not plagiarized. Then for student privacy, I would put privacy screens on all the computers to prevent other students from observing the current users's activity. Furthermore, I would make sure that there is sufficient spacing between students' desks so that it would be even more difficult to view another student's screen.

After completing my newsletter blog, I learned a plethora of new skills on designing. I learned how to use the column feature and how to insert hyperlinks. In addition to the hyperlinks, I learned how to attach hyperlinks to words and or phrases on documents. I believe I can improve these skills in the future by being more cohesive and coordinated with the colors that I used. The skills I learned from this assignment can be used in my future career when it comes to making my own brand and constructing my own website for it. I will be able to make the page look organized and professional, while also precisely placing hyperlinks on it that would make it easier to navigate on it. Lastly, I would be able to create stylish banners that would make the page look more attractive and captivating to people.






Comments