Blog Journal #4

 One of the standards from grade level 6 that I believe will be helpful is interpreting information from a variety of different media forms and formats, and explaining how it is relevant to the material being covered. I feel prepared to implement this standard based on my current skill because it is about application and modernization. I am technologically skilled enough to where I know how to utilize videos, spreadsheets, and websites to the point where it is an asset for myself. With that being said, after identifying which forms of media I want to use, I know how to insert the material within these formats. Not only does it make it easier to teach the youth, who are growing up in the technological era, it helps them associate the learning material with modern day applications. Meaning when they use these forms of technology outside of the classroom, they will associate it with the material that was taught.


One of the tools from CPALMS that I would use is maintaining appropriate personal, social and ethical behavior while participating in a variety of physical activities. I would use this tool in my classroom because I believe a part of competing and being a great competitor is how you act. With that being said, I would teach my students how to behave in various situations because there is always a proper way to handle things. These situations would include how to behave when losing, winning, or when being faced with adversity. Sports are unpredictable and every game is different, so being prepared on how to handle certain situations would be the difference maker in whether they have a future in it or not.


It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because it helps to find the correct information as quickly as possible. Search engines generally try to guess what you are looking for and give suggestions, which can direct you in the wrong direction and or display the wrong information. One of the skills I learned this week and will use moving forward is utilizing the advanced search feature on google. In addition, I also want to use other punctual marks to help specify and or narrow down the information in which I am seeking. This will help save myself a good amount of time while also giving me the most accurate information possible.


Comments