Blog Journal #5

 My early experiences with the Twitter app initially came from a comedic and humor perspective. Meaning that I only used the app for memes, comedic skits, and jokes generally. That is what led me to following and interacting with a bunch of comedic accounts and people who produced these jokes and or skits. However, overtime I began to realize that the app also provided important news and information that was not always on the news or brought to my attention. This is what caused me to use the Twitter app more consistently because not only did it benefit me from a humorous and well being perspective, it also benefited me from an educational perspective by keeping me informed with the most recent news that was happening in my local area and around the world. In addition, I also noticed that the app is also a major platform for communication and could be used to inform people as well as being informed by others as well. That being said, I would use the Twitter app in my future career to communicate to my following and or people of interest of recent sports news. This will be helpful within my future career because I will become a reliable source that is able to distribute the most accurate sports news across the country and that will benefit the success of my career.

The digital divide is the gap between people who have access to the internet and technology and those who do not. The digital divide affects students in schools because they must interact with technology significantly more than they are used to. Meaning they learn how to critically think while using technology because most fields interact with technology in general. Some of the causes of the digital divide are a change in times and also socio economic challenges. Some people are not as fortunate enough to afford and have technology in their lives like other people in society. In addition, technology is constantly evolving and people who grew up with a certain technology in one era must learn to adapt to the modern era of technology. As a classroom teacher, the challenges of the digital divide will cause me to constantly keep adapting my teaching strategies so they are modern and still useful. This means that I will have to learn how to incorporate critical thinking, problem solving, and the basic concept of what I am currently teaching into a technological format for my students.

Two software tools that I would implement into my classroom is Microsoft Office and OneNote. Microsoft Office is a software that comes with a variety of functions such as Word, which allows students to complete assignments such as papers and small writing assignments, and Excel to do spreadsheets and graphs. These are just a few of the tools that come with the software but they help the students stay organized and make it easier to complete assignments. In addition to that software, I would implement OneNote which is a software used to take down notes and reminders. The software automatically saves the notes as the students type and it organizes the notes in chronological order when they are finished with their notes for that period. It is another software that helps to keep the students organized and structured within class as the year goes on.



"The New Digital Divide" by Free Press Pics is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

Comments