Blog Journal #6

 My initial experience with Diigo was that I saw it as another search engine, kind of similar to another software called Zotero. However, the difference between Diigo and other search engines is that it allows the user to highlight certain parts of websites, which I find helpful. In addition, I like that Diigo allows you to add sticky notes as well because it makes it feel like the internet is a big notebook. It makes it easier to save thoughts for later and navigate through the internet when doing work. It makes everything easier to multitask with, but also keeps things in place in the event that the user has to leave and return to the work later. The only thing I do not like is that in order to have an even more advanced search, the user has to pay for a premium account that omits tags. It allows the ability to ignore certain words and create a more detailed and accurate search, however, the free account is still extremely helpful.

My experience blogging has been a very informative one because it is new to me. I like the ability to construct my thoughts on a post and feeling like I am informing people with knowledge I learned previously. I also like being able to learn about skills that would make me a better blogger if I decide to participate in it later on. However, some of the things I do not like about blogging is communicating my feelings and thoughts on the internet. I always found that to be something that I was not truly comfortable with because I felt like it was nobody's business to know how I felt. To be concise, I do not like the feeling of being vulnerable to others on the web because it exposes me to getting manipulated and my feeling to be mistreated. In all, I learned how to talk in a more casual format on the internet while also learning how to implement screenshots and images to help emphasize my posts. 

One of the Web 2.0 tools that I might use when teaching is the usage of uploading vlogs and or assignments on YouTube. The purpose of this is to familiarize my students with common technology that is very prevalent in modern society. In addition, they will learn skills in editing and posting that can help benefit them in future careers or personal interest. In addition, by combining assignments with the use of YouTube will help them utilize technology not only for personal satisfaction, but also to help educate others. This could give them the advantage in a teaching career if that is an interest to them, or help give them guidance of how they would like to run their channel. 

Comments