Blog Journal #7

     On the class pages that schools require teachers to setup, you will see a variety of information regarding the teacher and their classes. The first page usually shows the teacher's personal information like their full name, contact information, their job at the institution, and or their credentials. The other pages will end up containing relevant information for each of the classes the teacher is responsible for. This could mean a class schedule or due dates of upcoming assignments within that class as well. There would also be an additional tab that shows extra information regarding how to get more help or office hours for questions that were not able to be answered during class time. 

https://www.leonschools.net/Page/22160


In the future, I envision using technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities more effectively by utilizing the teacher productivity tools available. Specifically, I plan to use Google Drive because of the variety of features it has to benefit students on individual and or group assignments. I would have all my students work through Google Drive because it saves all their work automatically, and this will help ensure the safety of their assignments. In addition, group work would be easier to manage because there are ways for me to view as an instructor and it will be easy for the students to work together because one link is all they need for all of them to work on it. 

My experience with working on PB Works was an interesting one, but one that I learned from nonetheless. I unfortunately did not get a chance to necessarily work on the website, however, I was able to observe how it worked for others. I liked how it was organized and able to label certain tabs for different portions of work. I did not really like the design of the website though because it gave me an outdated feel as opposed to a more modern feel. I could use a wiki for my future students by using for group assignments and or for doing weekly assignments. They could use the wiki to keep track of their work by organizing tabs and submitting the works in those tabs for that week. 

Comments